MOVarazzi

Friday, November 12, 2010

204. Definition Of Fun

So we have a few bags of Halloween candy left over, namely Peanut M&M's.  I open up the microscopic bag and two (2) M&M's roll out.  Are you kidding me?  Two?  That't it?

I take a closer look at the packaging and sure enough, right on the label it clearly says, "FUN SIZE".  Huh.  There is nothing fun (to me) about a them forgetting to put the other 19 M&M's in the bag.  Two M&M's is, frankly, insulting.  I decide to look up the word "fun" in the dictionary in an effort to obtain more insight into The Mars Corporation naming it thus.  There in black and white, I read, "fun: pleasure".

See?  I am right:  this candy is misnamed.  There is no pleasure in eating only two M&M's.

Then I read further:  "make fun ofto ridicule".

Oh.  I guess they named it right after all.

MOV

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you write a comment, it makes me feel like I won the lottery or at the very least like I ate an ice-cream sundae. (This has nothing to do with the fact that I did just eat an ice-cream sundae.)